BSHS 445 Week 4 Case Scenario (School Crisis) Updated
This Tutorial contains following Attachments:
- BSHS 445 Week 4 Case Scenario (School Crisis).docx
BSHS 445 Week 4 Case Scenario (School Crisis) NEW
Read the “Bereavement in Schools: Group Work” section near the end of Ch. 13 of Crisis Intervention Strategies.
The example discusses an accident after prom that resulted in the death of four students at a local high school. For the case of this scenario, imagine that the accident took place on a Friday evening. At the time of the crisis team response, the cause of the accident is unknown.
Note the difference between the role of the crisis coordinator who would oversee the whole situation and the counseling liason who would oversee only any needed counseling services.
Provide a 50- to 75-word response for each question.
1. What should the crisis coordinator do right away?
2. What issues should be addressed with the closest friends of the victims and how should this be done?
3. What should the counseling liason’s primary responsibilities be in the immediate aftermath of the crash?
4. From what other agencies might the crisis team request assistance?
5. With school not in session at the time other students hear of this tragedy due to the accident occurring on a Friday night, what are your biggest concerns about making sure that all students are provided counseling or other support?
6. What kinds of memorials, both immediate and permanent, might be appropriate?
7. What school-based prevention practices might come out of this event?
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
A B C D F
Enter the code in the box below: