This Tutorial contains following Attachments:
- ECE 430 Week 3 Journal Leadership, Professional Knowledge and Ethical Practice.docx
ECE 430 Week 3 Journal Leadership, Professional Knowledge and Ethical Practice NEW
Reflective Journal: Leadership, Professional Knowledge and Ethical Practice. Due by Day 7. An important part of being an educator is reflection. Reflection is a learning process through which you use your experiences and knowledge to guide you in the future. Each week you will have the opportunity to use your journal to reflect on the content you have learned in this course and throughout your degree program. Specifically, you will reflect on the connections you see between each case study and two to three topics from the Program Comprehensive Exam.
This week we will be focusing on leadership, professional knowledge and ethical practice. There are many elements in education that receive attention due to the controversies surrounding them (kindergarten readiness, play in preschool, curriculum approaches, technology in education, and universal pre-k). As a reflective practitioner, it is important to consider both sides and then form your beliefs using your knowledge and experiences.
Take a few minutes to think about how the case study addresses these topics. The questions below may spark some ideas regarding leadership, professional knowledge and ethical practice. You do not need to address all the questions; instead, write down your thoughts as they unfold.
Reflect on the following in your journal:
• What is one prevalent issue in early childhood education today? Explain both sides of the debate
regarding this issue.
• What connections do you see between leadership, ethical practices, and professional knowledge regarding
• How do you envision this issue impacting your future work with children?
• Reflecting on the content presented in the case study, what are some areas where Mrs. Ashland faces
adversity and must overcome challenges to meet the needs of her students and families? If you were facing similar challenges, how might you plan and proceed? Explain your thinking using justification, supporting details and critical thinking.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
A B C D F
Enter the code in the box below: