This Tutorial contains following Attachments:
- OPS 571 Week 5 Forecasting Assignment (New Syllabus).docx
- OPS 571 Week 5 Forecasting Assignment (New Syllabus).xlsx
- OPS 571 Week 5 Forecasting Data 1.xlsx
- OPS 571 Week 5 Individual Assignment Operations Forecasting 1.docx
OPS 571 Week 5 Individual Forecasting Assignment (New Syllabus)
Purpose of Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is for students to learn how to apply Operations Forecasting.
Resources: Microsoft® Excel® (Template provided)
Select a business operations dataset from the internet, which can be used for forecasting what the results may be at a future state (monthly [for two years], quarterly [for five years], annually [for 20 years]. (See example in the Template). Use caution in using the template, as some of the cells contain formatted functions for performing calculations. You should only need to enter data into Column A and B only. Review the template and the associated data. This should give you an idea of the types of data you will require, and what the results columns reveal. You are required to provide an APA formatted reference to the location of the source data (Do Not just enter the Web Link). The returned work from previous week's work, should give you some insight as to what an APA reference should look like.
Develop a run over a given period, upper limit and lower limit as to confidence in the forecast using Microsoft® Excel®.Template
- Compare and contrast each quadrant of the forecast.
- Evaluate the impact this forecast would have on the firm from a financial metrics standpoint, by writing a 300-word report in which you describe your forecasting project and what it means in terms of favorable or unfavorable forecast and why or why not..
Format your assignment consistent with APA guidelines.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
A B C D F
Enter the code in the box below: